Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Following are few methods of getting links for an website:
- Submit on social bookmarking sites like digg.com, sutmbleUpon.com etc.
- Submit on free web directories
- Post comment on relevant blogs with link to your page
- Use your link in your forum signatures
- Post on online free classifieds with your link
- Create profile on popular social networking sites like facebook and put your link on your profile
- Exchange link with related sites
- Publish RSS feed and submit your feed on feed directories
- Create blogs on popular free blogging sites with link to your web page
- Buy link from other websites
Thursday, July 31, 2008
- The main benefit of free classified advertising is that this gives very quick targeted traffic. While other methods like SEO takes long time.
- Another benefit is that it is free hence there is no or minimum expense. So suitable for most small business.
- Free classifieds advertising may be outsourced to an ad posting agency.
- It also helps in SEO to some extent.
- Free classifieds advertising is the best method to get geographically targeted traffic.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Following are some tips to stay safe (taken from PayPal.com):
- Safe Log In: To log in to your PayPal account or access the PayPal website, open a new web browser (e.g., FireFox) and type in the following: https://www.paypal.com/
- Generic greeting: Many spoof emails begin with a general greeting, such as: "Dear PayPal member" or "Dear PayPal User". Emails from PayPal will address you by your first and last name or the business name associated with your PayPal account.
- Email Attachments: PayPal emails will never ask you to download an attachment or a software program. Attachments contained in fraudulent emails often contain viruses that may harm your computer or compromise your PayPal account. Don't open any attachment sent from an unknown source.
- Request for Personal Information: If paypal requires information from you, paypal will notify you in an email and request that you enter the information only after you have safely and securely logged in to your PayPal account.
- A false sense of urgency: Most spoof emails try to deceive you with the threat that your account is in jeopardy if you don't update it ASAP.
- Fake links: The text in a link may attempt to look valid, then send you to a spoof address. Always check where a link is going before you click. Move your mouse over it and look at the URL in your browser or email status bar. If the link looks suspicious, don't click on it. And be aware that a fake link may even have the word "PayPal" in it.
Often, fraudulent emails will request details such as your full name, account password, credit card number, bank account, PIN number, Social Security Number, or mother's maiden name.
Learn more ways to spot spoof
Read PayPal's 10 ways to recognize fake (spoof) emails now.
Steps to take to prevent spoof from affecting you
- Keep your security software current.
- Monitor your account. Check your account periodically to see if there is any suspicious activity.
- Change your password often.
- Use a unique password. A good password contains letters and numbers. This makes it more difficult for people to guess it.
- Your information is compromised, get a fraud alert placed on your credit report.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Official Gmail Blog: A need for speed: the path to a faster loading sequence
Following is a list of FREE URL shortening and URL redirect services (also known as URL forwarding service):
Monday, May 12, 2008
- backpage.com - The best craigslist alternative. It allows use of hyperlink, external image. It gets good traffic.
- kijiji.com - An eBay backed free classifieds for world wide. It's now one of the most popular free classifieds of USA. In Canada kijiji.ca is more popular than craigslist.ca. It's drawback is that it allows only plain text ads. kijiji even doesn't convert URL into hyperlink
- Other sites that may be tried are usfreeads.com, webcosmo.com, stumblehere.com, epage.com, expo.live.com, base.google.com, olx.com etc..
Try these usa online free classifieds if you aren't able to post on craigslist anymore.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
AdBrite’s Open Targeting Exchange is the internet’s first open exchange for ad targeting technologies. OTX delivers superior yield and advertiser effectiveness by tapping into multiple third-party targeting providers.
OTX is an integrated element of AdBrite's network, so publishers and advertisers automatically benefit from competition among targeting providers. Each time a page is viewed on an AdBrite publisher's site, OTX scans multiple eligible targeting algorithms to determine the most relevant and valuable advertisement for the given site, user, and geography.
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Although for SEO, PR matters a little PR has some other significance. PR is part of your online reputation. Consider when a service buyer get quotes from two different companies : one company's site has zero PR while the other company's site has PR value 3. With whom the buyer will deal if the price is equal. Most like with the company have a PR of 3. Because PR value 3 proves that the company is not new and they have professional dedication.
Social bookmarking is an easy way of increasing PR.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Goolge is already a giant in the field of internet advertising. With this acquisition google has established it's position more firmly.